Sunday, September 21, 2008

Act II

So at 5:30 on the dot (you had until 6:00, but we didn't want to risk it) names were written down and put in a bowl. I kissed mine for good luck.



At 6:00 on the dot, they started calling names. There were probably like 150 people there. Maybe 200. The more I think about the story, the number of people competing for these coveted tickets keeps growing in my mind.



Alas and aloof, they didn't call my name. (If you're still singing at this point, you can probably stop, it doesn't quite work as well in Act II.)






But they did call this guy's name!
9/10/08
I happened to snap a shot of his excitement in line while he was waiting for his ID to be verified.

I thought he was sooo good looking, I worked up the courage to ask him if we would take me with him to the show. (He won two twenty-five dollar front row tickets.) He happily obliged (apparently I'm just his type) and we had such an amazing time seeing one of the most incredible shows on Broadway. The Broadway! In New York! Are you kidding me?

The minute the orchestra started playing the interlude, I got all misty. It was all too much. I still can't believe we were front row to this fantabulous performance. We were so close I could see the wig/skin line on the actor's foreheads- I loved it!

So, to all the other 350 people who weren't as lucky as we were that night, I am so dreadfully sorry. I only have one phrase to help console your loss on that Wednesday evening...

No One Mourns The Wicked!


2 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

AAHHH!!! I am so totally BEYOND JEALOUS!!!!!

Shauna said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!